Texture / Look Dev Artist
If you’re ready for a challenge and want to be part of a passionate team that loves animation, and you’ve got a strong passion for texture and shading, please contact us.
- Create and deliver textures and shaders that meet the artistic brief.
- Ensure every asset you create meets the requirements of those downstream.
- Work closely with the head of the department and the rest of the team to deliver quality assets on time
- Ability to take direction, collaborate and be a team player
- Experience with Maya
- Experience with Arnold / or other similar render engines (renderman,vray, redshift)
- Experience with substance Painter or Mari
- Able to deliver expected quality on time
- Good communication skills, a motivated team player
- A passion for animation
- 3 years’ or more experience in commercials or feature film.
- experience with zbrush
- Technical and creative problem solving
- python knowledge
- Arnold api
- Skills in other areas of production e.g. modeling, scripting, Light, comping
A normal workday in Norway is 7,5 hours, from 9 am to 5 pm including half an hour lunch break. The classic Norwegian lunch consists of sandwiches and salads.
If you occasionally are asked to work more than 9 hours a day or 40 hours a week you get a 40% extra overtime pay.
If you need to stay home due to illness you still get paid, but after three days out of the office, you need a sick leave from a doctor.
In Norway you have paid holidays. 10,2% of your gross salary from the previous year is paid when you go on vacation. Normally 4 weeks vacation per year, and usually during the summer months.
Qvisten Animation organizes a lot of social gatherings for the employees to get together and see eachothers work, followed by drinks and snacks. We arrange several events during the year at the cinema, gamenights, moviewraps and summerbreak parties.