If you’re ready for a challenge and want to be part of a passionate animation team, that needs technical solutions and ideal character rigs, please contact us.
- Create rigs for assets used for commercials, short films and feature films
- Script and maintain a technical framework and tools for Maya rigs in productions.
- Work closely with animation supervisor to achieve ideal character rigs.
- Work closely with the cache pipeline to avoid problems when caching animation.
- Give feedback to modelers about ideal topology and blendshape needs.
- Model blendshapes if needed.
- Delegate work to other riggers if available.
- 3 years’ or more of relevant education, or experience in commercials or feature film.
- Exceptional technical knowledge of maya and rigging.
- Strong problem solving abilities.
- Strong modeling skills and understanding of topology.
- Scripting experience with python and mel
- Good communication skills, a motivated team player
- A passion for solving technical problems in maya.
- Experience with Maya API and c++
- Experience with QT gui.
- Understanding linear algebra and calculus.
- Animation experience.
- An ability to achieve facial expressions with charm.
- Engineering experience.
A normal workday in Norway is 7,5 hours, from 9 am to 5 pm including half an hour lunch break. The classic Norwegian lunch consists of sandwiches and salads.
If you occasionally are asked to work more than 9 hours a day or 40 hours a week you get a 40% extra overtime pay.
If you need to stay home due to illness you still get paid, but after three days out of the office, you need a sick leave from a doctor.
In Norway you have paid holidays. 10,2% of your gross salary from the previous year is paid when you go on vacation. Normally 4 weeks vacation per year, and usually during the summer months.
Qvisten Animation organizes a lot of social gatherings for the employees to get together and see eachothers work, followed by drinks and snacks. We arrange several events during the year at the cinema, gamenights, moviewraps and summerbreak parties.