If you’re ready for a challenge and want to be part of a passionate team that loves character animation, please contact us.
- Direct team to create animations for commercials, short films and feature films
- Responsible for the quality of the animation, style, for keeping it on brief and for delivering consistent performances by assigning, or casting, the appropriate Animators.
- Work closely with the Director to bring forward the Director’s vision within the animation team.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to confidently supervise a team.
- Be the main liaison between the animation department and those who are involved in the earlier and later stages of production.
- Work closely with Story, Design, Modelling, Rigging and Comping departments.
- Works closely with Producer and Line Producer to monitor the project’s progress to ensure delivering results, within the budget and deadline.
- Experience as an animation director
- Exceptional animation skills.
- A passion for animation
- Excellent organisational, communication and project management skills.
- Fluent English language skills.
- Maya skills
- Skills in other areas of production e.g. concept, character design, storyboarding, modeling, rigging, comping
- 2D animation skills
- A good sense of humor
A normal workday in Norway is 7,5 hours, from 9 am to 5 pm including half an hour lunch break. The classic Norwegian lunch consists of sandwiches and salads.
If you occasionally are asked to work more than 9 hours a day or 40 hours a week you get a 40% extra overtime pay.
If you need to stay home due to illness you still get paid, but after three days out of the office, you need a sick leave from a doctor.
In Norway you have paid holidays. 10,2% of your gross salary from the previous year is paid when you go on vacation. Normally 4 weeks vacation per year, and usually during the summer months.
Qvisten Animation organizes a lot of social gatherings for the employees to get together and see eachothers work, followed by drinks and snacks. We arrange several events during the year at the cinema, gamenights, moviewraps and summerbreak parties.