Be ready for a challenge and be part of a passionate team that loves animation.
- Create rigs for assets used for commercials, short films and feature films
- Work closely with animation supervisor/director to deliver quality rigs on time
- Help animators with technical issues regarding maya and rigs.
- Serve as an active participant in team discussions, critiques and reviews.
- Experience with maya rigging.
- Understand deformers and how mesh and curves behave when deformed.
- Able to deliver expected quality on time
- Good communication skills, a motivated team player
- A passion for solving technical problems
- Be able to take notes and direction
- 3 years’ or more of education or experience in commercials or feature film.
- A good technical understanding of models and rigs
- Skills in other areas of production e.g. modeling, scripting, concept, rigging, comping
- Experience with mel and python scripting.
- Experience with maya API.
A normal workday in Norway is 7,5 hours, from 9 am to 5 pm including half an hour lunch break. The classic Norwegian lunch consists of sandwiches and salads.
If you occasionally are asked to work more than 9 hours a day or 40 hours a week you get a 40% extra overtime pay.
If you need to stay home due to illness you still get paid, but after three days out of the office, you need a sick leave from a doctor.
In Norway you have paid holidays. 10,2% of your gross salary from the previous year is paid when you go on vacation. Normally 4 weeks vacation per year, and usually during the summer months.
Qvisten Animation organizes a lot of social gatherings for the employees to get together and see eachothers work, followed by drinks and snacks. We arrange several events during the year at the cinema, gamenights, moviewraps and summerbreak parties.