If you’re up for a challenge and want to be part of team that share the passion for lighting different worlds, environments and characters, please contact us.
- Create lighting for commercials, short films and feature films.
- Work closely with lighting supervisor/director to deliver quality lighting on time.
- Serve as an active participant in team discussions, critiques and reviews.
- Good understanding to interpret art direction or concept art inspiration.
- A passion for lighting and photography.
- Able to deliver expected quality on time.
- Strong understanding of render engines and particularly Arnold Renderer.
- Good communication skills, a motivated team player.
- Be able to take notes and direction.
- Knowledge of Maya and Arnold.
- 3 years’ or more experience in commercials or feature film.
- Able to spot technical difficulties or issues and finding solutions for them.
- Compositing knowledge and the needs from this department.
- Skills in other areas of production e.g. modeling, scripting, concept, rigging, comping
- A good sense of humor
A normal workday in Norway is 7,5 hours, from 9 am to 5 pm including half an hour lunch break. The classic Norwegian lunch consists of sandwiches and salads.
If you occasionally are asked to work more than 9 hours a day or 40 hours a week you get a 40% extra overtime pay.
If you need to stay home due to illness you still get paid, but after three days out of the office, you need a sick leave from a doctor.
In Norway you have paid holidays. 10,2% of your gross salary from the previous year is paid when you go on vacation. Normally 4 weeks vacation per year, and usually during the summer months.
Qvisten Animation organizes a lot of social gatherings for the employees to get together and see eachothers work, followed by drinks and snacks. We arrange several events during the year at the cinema, gamenights, moviewraps and summerbreak parties.