CG Character Artist
If you’re ready for a challenge and want to be part of a passionate team that loves animation, and you’ve got a strong passion for characters, please contact us.
- Sculpt and Model 3D Characters that meet the artistic brief.
- Look Development
- Ensure every asset you create meets the requirements of those downstream.
- Work closely with the head of the department and the rest of the team to deliver quality assets on time
- Ability to take direction, collaborate and be a team player
- We are a small team so you might be required to work on other asset types, like props or sets.
- Good communication skills, a motivated team player
- previous experience from full length animation production.
- a good understanding of heavy asset animation pipelines
- a good eye for shapes and volume.
- a good understanding of human and animal anatomy
- good problem solving skills
- good communication skills
- ability to get the best out of your team and be a supportive team player. We are not a factory, but a Studio.
- Able to deliver expected quality on time
- Able to deliver topology that match the specification of the project or use existing topo for characters.
- A good understanding of UV Maps for production.
- Experience with Zbrush and Maya or similar
- 3 years’ or more experience in commercials or feature film.
- experience with Marvellous Designer
- experience with XGen
- Technical and creative problem solving
- python scripting knowledge
Working conditions at Qvisten Animations in Norway
The standard working hours in Norway is 7,5 hours pr day. At Qvisten Animation a normal working day is from 9 am to 5 pm including a half hour lunch break.
If you occasionally are asked to work more than 9 hours a day or 40 hours a week you get a 40% extra overtime pay.
If you should stay home due to illness you still get paid. The first 3 day only requires a self-declaration, after that you need a sick leave from a doctor.
In Norway you have paid holidays. 10,2% of your gross salary from the previous year is paid when you go on vacation.
Qvisten Animation often organizes social gatherings. The employees get together to see each others work followed by a drink and a snack, the occasional evening at the cinema, Christmas and summer parties etc.