Hair / Grooming Artist
If you’re ready for a challenge and want to be part of a passionate team that loves animation,
and your skill set includes grooming and creating different hair styles, please contact us.
- Create and deliver assets and/or shots in many departments that meet the artistic brief.
- Ensure every asset/shot you create meets the requirements of those downstream and upstream.
- Create hairs and fur in a wide range of variety for characters and creatures with Xgen
- Work closely with the head of the department and the rest of the team to deliver quality assets on time
- Ability to take direction, collaborate and be a team player
- Experience with Xgen or Yeti
- Experience with Maya
- Able to deliver expected quality on time
- Good communication skills, a motivated team player
- Shading and texturing fur/hair with arnold
- Experience with dynamic hair simulation, or other forms of dynamics
- Experience with marvelous designer
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- 3 years’ or more experience in commercials or feature film.
- experience with zbrush
Working conditions at Qvisten Animations in Norway
The standard working hours in Norway is 7,5 hours pr day. At Qvisten Animation a normal working day is from 9 am to 5 pm including a half hour lunch break.
If you occasionally are asked to work more than 9 hours a day or 40 hours a week you get a 40% extra overtime pay.
If you should stay home due to illness you still get paid. The first 3 day only requires a self-declaration, after that you need a sick leave from a doctor.
In Norway you have paid holidays. 10,2% of your gross salary from the previous year is paid when you go on vacation.
Qvisten Animation often organizes social gatherings. The employees get together to see each others work followed by a drink and a snack, the occasional evening at the cinema, Christmas and summer parties etc.