Hair / Grooming Artist
If you’re ready for a challenge and want to be part of a passionate team that loves animation,
and your skill set includes grooming and creating different hair styles, please contact us.
- Create and deliver assets and/or shots in many departments that meet the artistic brief.
- Ensure every asset/shot you create meets the requirements of those downstream and upstream.
- Create hairs and fur in a wide range of variety for characters and creatures with Xgen
- Work closely with the head of the department and the rest of the team to deliver quality assets on time
- Ability to take direction, collaborate and be a team player
- Experience with Xgen or Yeti
- Experience with Maya
- Able to deliver expected quality on time
- Good communication skills, a motivated team player
- Shading and texturing fur/hair with arnold
- Experience with dynamic hair simulation, or other forms of dynamics
- Experience with marvelous designer
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- 3 years’ or more experience in commercials or feature film.
- experience with zbrush
A normal workday in Norway is 7,5 hours, from 9 am to 5 pm including half an hour lunch break. The classic Norwegian lunch consists of sandwiches and salads.
If you occasionally are asked to work more than 9 hours a day or 40 hours a week you get a 40% extra overtime pay.
If you need to stay home due to illness you still get paid, but after three days out of the office, you need a sick leave from a doctor.
In Norway you have paid holidays. 10,2% of your gross salary from the previous year is paid when you go on vacation. Normally 4 weeks vacation per year, and usually during the summer months.
Qvisten Animation organizes a lot of social gatherings for the employees to get together and see eachothers work, followed by drinks and snacks. We arrange several events during the year at the cinema, gamenights, moviewraps and summerbreak parties.