If you’re ready for a challenge and want to be part of a passionate animation team, that needs technical solutions and ideal character rigs, please contact us.
- Create rigs for assets used for commercials, short films and feature films
- Script and maintain a technical framework and tools for Maya rigs in productions.
- Work closely with animation supervisor to achieve ideal character rigs.
- Work closely with the cache pipeline to avoid problems when caching animation.
- Give feedback to modelers about ideal topology and blendshape needs.
- Model blendshapes if needed.
- Delegate work to other riggers if available.
- 3 years’ or more of relevant education, or experience in commercials or feature film.
- Exceptional technical knowledge of maya and rigging.
- Strong problem solving abilities.
- Strong modeling skills and understanding of topology.
- Scripting experience with python and mel
- Good communication skills, a motivated team player
- A passion for solving technical problems in maya.
- Experience with Maya API and c++
- Experience with QT gui.
- Understanding linear algebra and calculus.
- Animation experience.
- An ability to achieve facial expressions with charm.
- Engineering experience.
Working conditions at Qvisten Animations in Norway
The standard working hours in Norway is 7,5 hours pr day. At Qvisten Animation a normal working day is from 9 am to 5 pm including a half hour lunch break.
If you occasionally are asked to work more than 9 hours a day or 40 hours a week you get a 40% extra overtime pay.
If you should stay home due to illness you still get paid. The first 3 day only requires a self-declaration, after that you need a sick leave from a doctor.
In Norway you have paid holidays. 10,2% of your gross salary from the previous year is paid when you go on vacation.
Qvisten Animation often organizes social gatherings. The employees get together to see each others work followed by a drink and a snack, the occasional evening at the cinema, Christmas and summer parties etc.