Character Effects Lead
If you’re ready for a challenge and want to be part of a passionate team that loves animation,
and want to have a key role in developing the character effect pipeline for our studio., please contact us.
- Ensure every asset/shot you create meets the requirements of those upstream and downstream.
- Work with Model department to ensure geometry meets the requirements for cloth sim
- Working with Anim supervisor to ensure that animation meets the requirements for simulation
- Work closely with the Cg supervisor, to find the best workflow and pipeline for doing different kinds of character effects mainly Cloth and Hair simulation
- Ability to take direction, collaborate and be a team player
- Work together with other departments to develop the cloth simulation pipeline
- Must have previous Film / TV production experience
- Experience working with some type of cloth simulations software
- Strong problem solving skills both visual and technical
- Able to deliver expected quality on time
- Good communication skills, a motivated team player
- 3 years’ or more experience with cloth simulation in commercials or feature film. productions.
- experience with Marvelous designer
- experience with Xgen or other hair creation tools
- python knowledge
- experience with Houdini
- experience doing water simulation
- experience doing fire and smoke simulation
- Skills in other areas of production e.g. modeling, scripting, pipeline development, Light, comping
Working conditions at Qvisten Animations in Norway
The standard working hours in Norway is 7,5 hours pr day. At Qvisten Animation a normal working day is from 9 am to 5 pm including a half hour lunch break.
If you occasionally are asked to work more than 9 hours a day or 40 hours a week you get a 40% extra overtime pay.
If you should stay home due to illness you still get paid. The first 3 day only requires a self-declaration, after that you need a sick leave from a doctor.
In Norway you have paid holidays. 10,2% of your gross salary from the previous year is paid when you go on vacation.
Qvisten Animation often organizes social gatherings. The employees get together to see each others work followed by a drink and a snack, the occasional evening at the cinema, Christmas and summer parties etc.