Be ready for a challenge and be part of a passionate team that loves animation.
- Create rigs for assets used for commercials, short films and feature films
- Work closely with animation supervisor/director to deliver quality rigs on time
- Help animators with technical issues regarding maya and rigs.
- Serve as an active participant in team discussions, critiques and reviews.
- Experience with maya rigging.
- Understand deformers and how mesh and curves behave when deformed.
- Able to deliver expected quality on time
- Good communication skills, a motivated team player
- A passion for solving technical problems
- Be able to take notes and direction
- 3 years’ or more of education or experience in commercials or feature film.
- A good technical understanding of models and rigs
- Skills in other areas of production e.g. modeling, scripting, concept, rigging, comping
- Experience with mel and python scripting.
- Experience with maya API.
Working conditions at Qvisten Animations in Norway
The standard working hours in Norway is 7,5 hours pr day. At Qvisten Animation a normal working day is from 9 am to 5 pm including a half hour lunch break.
If you occasionally are asked to work more than 9 hours a day or 40 hours a week you get a 40% extra overtime pay.
If you should stay home due to illness you still get paid. The first 3 day only requires a self-declaration, after that you need a sick leave from a doctor.
In Norway you have paid holidays. 10,2% of your gross salary from the previous year is paid when you go on vacation.
Qvisten Animation often organizes social gatherings. The employees get together to see each others work followed by a drink and a snack, the occasional evening at the cinema, Christmas and summer parties etc.